Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blogging

My first official blog, take 2.

I never realized just how tricky blogging could end up being, which just makes me want to post a good blog that much more.

What are you supposed to write in these things, anyway? I mean, the closest thing I've ever done to blogging is a website that I post my poems and short stories on; I haven't written a constructive 5 paragraph paper since last year in English class, so I'm not used to spilling out all of these words and turning them into complete paragraphed thoughts that come together to achieve a cluster of points. I need to readjust, I suppose.

No, but honestly, you'll come to find that as the weeks grow in number, my posts will grow in number, and ultimately so will my paragraphs. I have a lot to say and a lot to share about life in general, and the components that make it up. There's never one surefire answer to a single issue, so I'll share mine when I can.

In the mean time, call this blog my 'Get Out of Jail Free Card', just for you. We'll lay off of the controversial topics until next week, okay? I'll just take this time to introduce you to my blog instead.

Over the course of this semester, I hope to be able to unleash my feelings in a way that I haven't been able to before. I'm hoping that through this blog and its flurry of topics, I'll be able to communicate my values and opinions to you, and vice versa. Sounds incredibly cheesy, right? Sure...but that's what blogging is all about in the first place, isn't it?
Sharing our opinions through a network of web pages?

Sure thing. But we'll all get through it, one post at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be honest with you, no one in my composition class has kept up with their blogs since the semester ended, but i think this is a good start for you, and maybe you'll be different! I like this post, the voice is very personal, good job kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you, Elaena. :) I think blogging will definitely be a different medium than I'm used to, but I'm open to experimenting with it.

    ReplyDelete