Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not Deserving of an Original Name = Alysha

At the beginning of the year, Mr. Dykstra found that the way I spell my name and the way it's supposed to be pronounced was "full of horse manure". Hearing this; it was like I had found out my entire life was a lie.

Although, my entire life, I've spent it being called abominations of names such as: Uh-lish-uh, and Alyssa. My personal favorite has to be Ashley. How do you even get that from my name, honestly?

Mr. Dykstra deemed me Bob from that day forth. I had no problem with such nickname between you and I, but then I found out that he's been naming other Alysha's the same thing. Wow, offensive much. I realize that we both happen to have the same name printed on our birth certificates, but maybe we should have different identifying nicknames. Sure, Bob is incredibly bland and tasteless, but maybe I wouldn't mind being dubbed as a Bill or Joe or something equally as generic.

Mr. Dykstra - I don't want you to think that I am trying to bash you on my blog. You are a very bright person and I very much enjoy your sense of humor. (Plus I actually learn about English from your class, which is something I've - sadly - not done since eighth grade with Mr. Wiedenheft.) But after finding out that you refer to people with other poorly spelled names as Bob, I got a little upset. (A little might be an understatement, though.) I went home and cried and refused to come out of my room because my mom called me by my real name, the one that haunts my birth certificate, reminding me of the seventh period events from every single day second semester.

It's a tragedy.

All in all, I felt the need to rant about my so-called individuality while having a little bit of fun.
P.S. - Sahan Jayawardena!

10 comments:

  1. Bob is a horrible name, atleast let yourself be called bober(silent t) if you remember what I am talking about. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Halie, Haley is such an idiot. But we love her for some reason? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of this blog? "P.S.-Sahan Jayawardena!" haha it really connects to the rest of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds very sad! Your name is awesome! and how does sahan connect to this post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont ask questions. of course i belong on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mr. wiedenhelf is my neighbor... just saying. and don't ever try to ding dong ditch him or tp him, he will call the cops. trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg you live next to Wieds?! I'm jealous. He was honestly my favorite teacher, haha. But no, it doesn't surprise me at all that he would do that

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this is a little awkward for me knowing I have the other "Bob" sitting behind me in class. I will have to say that you do deserve an original name and it upsets me that you do not have one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dykstra gave a girl name Alysha that same name to on the first day of school. Just like you said, he said that the name "Alysha" isn't spelled right. Well newsflash for him, it can be spelled many different ways. Not just he way he wants it to be. It's not always about Mr. Dykstra, and what he thinks. Everyone has opinions. :)!

    ReplyDelete